Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

The black wire of my old snowblower has become disconnected,

The black wire of...

The black wire of my old snowblower has become disconnected, and I have no idea where to reconnect it. It was functioning well until the last storm. Seemed sluggish. I took off the shield to get at the carberator

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

And the black wire became disconnected.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Two weeks ago...and yes, I think it is a simple fix and would love to reconnect and get back to snowblowing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's it, I think!

1/17/2018
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I’m Wayne

I will Be assisting you with this issue today

that black wire is the kill wire, it hooks on a tab on/near the carb

when you pulled the cover off it must have

got knocked loose

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Wayne, Engine Rebuilder
Is there a diagram available? I have looked and have not noticed a "tab" for it to be hooked to?

Hi sorry for the delay

what is the make and model I will look