Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I bought a very lightly used 208 cc 26 inch craftsman snow…

I bought a very...

I bought a very lightly used 208 cc 26 inch craftsman snow blower from previous home owner , whose house I bought.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Electric start, gas was empty, turns over, checked plug for spark, ok, nothing nada, no pop , bang , boom, do I need to clean carb for possible gas junk

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Shut off valve? lolololo, no mention of tha thant that. sorry

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, worked on engines before but not small ones all this epa stuff on small ones is nuts.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, put new gas in with "STABL", should I try starting it with air filter off? where is shut off for gas?

1/16/2018
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi Don

I’m Wayne

I will Be assisting you with this issue today

remove the spark plug, pour a teaspoonful of gas in the cylinder, replace the plug, should start and run 2-3 seconds,

if yes the carb jet is plugged, need to rebuild that

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Is their a fuel shut off valve on this engine / blower?
For now no, if their is a shit off buried I did not know about it, if not , will try starting fluid / gas in cylinder or rebuild carb per your suggestion
Wayne, can I spray carb cleaner in the carb and let it sit to see if that works, before I take off carb and clean clogged jets , or is it a waste of time?

HI

no, no shut-off valve

no carb cleaner will not clear the jets

Hi

What I suggest to many customers, on carb rebuild

take apart and boil in a pot of hot water 10-15 min

air dry or hairdryer this works really well

Morning

Just following up with you

Did my answer help you ??

Great, will give it a shot of the starting suggestion does not help, tks!

Hi

You're welcome

Please remember to rate my answer 5-stars

Wayne, Engine Rebuilder