Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My 40 kva generac generator does not transfer to backup

Customer Question
My 40 kva generac...

My 40 kva generac generator does not transfer to backup power when

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Make is generac model(###) ###-#### 14 years old

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Generator runs fine in manual mode

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
1/17/2018
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 7 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What is the serial number of the genset?

Which model transfer switch do you have?

Hi Hank Generac Model Nu, 00499921 Serial Nu.(###) ###-#### transfer switch assembly/part nu OE98O1 Thanks Norbert

0E9801 is not coming up as anything. I suspect that it is just a par number for something in the transfer switch.

Is there a label inside the transfer switch that lists an Item number and a Serial number?

Check the circuit breakers on the genset, and make sure they are turned on.

If the breakers are on, start the genset, and measure to see how much voltage it is actually producing. Lets make sure it is making power.

I called in sick to work today, because I am very sick. I am leaving for the doctor here in just a few minutes, so take your time.

I will get back to you as soon as I get home.