Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Troybilt 2100 will not start. This is the first time i

Troybilt 2100 will not...

Troybilt 2100 will not start. This is the first time i needed it since last year. We have had alot of below zero weather lately. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Have new gas in it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Where is the shut off valve

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am not aware of a shut off valve

1/16/2018
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I’m Wayne

I will Be assisting you with this issue today

does it have the same gas from last year ??

i just filled it with new gas
hello

Thank you for the response

remove the spark plug pour a teaspoonful of gas

into the cylinder, but plug back in it should run 2-3 sec , if yes the carb jet is plugged

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Wayne, Engine Rebuilder
Thanks

You're welcome