Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Troybilt squal 210 won’t start. Done that and changed spark…

Troybilt squal 210 won’t...

Troybilt squal 210 won’t start

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Done that and changed spark plug

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I’ve only used it 3 times

1/15/2018
JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Technician

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

If you can get access to it spray a little carburetor cleaner directly into the intake or throat of the carburetor and see if the machine will start then. If it starts and only runs a short time then you know that the fuel jets in the carburetor are stopped up. If it will start and continue to run then chances are the primer and/or choke system are not working properly.

Thank you for choosing to use our services.

Please take a moment to rate your experience using the star rating system that is provided for you.

In order to get to the carb I need to take the top off?

You can usually access it from the back of the machine. If you have carburetor cleaner that has the directional tube with it you can insert the tube through the slot for the choke lever and normally get to the intake or throat of the carburetor without taking anything else apart.

I put starting fluid in the top of the carb engine will start but not stay running

That tells me that the carburetor jetting is stopped up and it is not getting fuel through them in order to allow the engine to run properly. You will need to remove the carburetor and thoroughly clean the fuel jets in order to get the machine running properly.

Thanks John

You are welcomed.

I hope that you find the information that I have provided to be useful and I hope that it solves your starting/running problem.

Have a great day!!!!!

JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Technician