Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

Model thickness planer drive belt change. First time. Just…

Customer Question
Model###-##-#### thickness planer drive...

Model###-##-#### thickness planer drive belt change

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

First time

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just looking to change the belt

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Small Engine
1/14/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 month ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Model number comes up as a miter saw.? Can you double check the number?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Good day and other dismantling the entire planer what do I do?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is a thickness planer stock number 27512

Do you have an owners manual? Without the correct model number I can't find it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Appears you don’t know about this planer and constant questioning is not helpful. Model is as listed.. google it!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please refund my money.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just for your information and guess I can charge $70.00 for this info as it is not anywhere including the owners manual.
Sears Craftsman 12-1/2" Thickness Planer
Model###-##-####, Stock No. 09 27512
Flat screw driver, wedge the belt between the motor roller and the vertical guide housing by wedging the screw driver between them (which is frustrating but will go).
Flip planer on side so pulleys are at top.
Start belt on knife pulley, flat screw driver again and start rolling motor pulley while feeding belt onto drive pulley with screw driver: it takes time but will work: you will be using the guide rod as a fulcrum. Make sure belt is completely on knife pulley by looking that there are no groves showing .. if there are slow roll pulley with flat screw driver wedged in before the pulley. Pull screw driver out when quarter turn can keep belt in place. Keep rolling till belt has seated itself correctly.
Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician