Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

How do I replace the clutch cable on a 221 LHP? I know what…

Customer Question
How do I replace...

How do I replace the clutch cable on a 221 LHP? I know what has to be replaced, but can't see lower end to hook it up. Does the top cover have to come off? I've only taken off the bottom.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Today. It broke off while I was using it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

IF I can.'

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I really need a step by step process to follow. I cannot see where it connects and it's 4 degrees outside!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
1/14/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

See the attached link, the side cover has to come off. and the cable goes on the idler lever bracket.

Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 6 months ago

I see the question is still open, did you see my response?