Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I a contractor table saw model 351.218330. Sorry, my problem…

Customer Question
I a contractor table...

I a contractor table saw model###-##-####

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Sorry, my problem is that I can not crank the saw blade up and down. I assume it needs cleaning and oiling but I can get access to the worm gear to do the cleaning. I have tried to remove the side panels but the front panel does not come off???

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think I have described my problem. If you need more let me know. Basically I need to know how to remove the front panel to gain access to the worm gear that raises the saw blade

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/13/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 5 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Remove the rear panel with six nuts, then if you can't get to the gears, you can remove the nuts off the backside of the front, to remove the front panel. See link below.

I have taken the small bolts out on the front panel corner pieces and removed the corner pieces and the front panel still seems fixed and wont come off

Did you remove the back plate and look for the internal bolts?

I'll look again to try to find them but it will be tomorrow before I have a chance

OK>

I just rechecked and the front panel is fixed and not removable. The remaining bolts hold the whole assembly, which includes the saw, motor, and the whole table on the base assembly. There must be a simpler way to gain access to the assembly that raises and lowers the saw blade

NOPE

Will the control move at all in either direction? If not, it may be jammed, from someone turning it in the wrong direction, and now needs to turn in opposite direction to free it. I have a Similar saw from sears and it gets stuck!

It will turn in either direction but with great difficulty. I assume it is sawdust that has collected over the many years I have used it. The problem is that I can't see in there and it is inaccessible to feel around there

The only way then is to remove the assembly, so you can get some light oil on the screw shaft.