Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 2016 Thor ACE 29.2 RV with a ONAN RV QG 4000

Customer Question
Hi, my name is*****...

Hi, my name is***** have a 2016 Thor ACE 29.2 RV with a ONAN RV QG 4000 generator. I tried to start it the other day. It cranked over a couple of times, but the batteries were low. I found that one of the batteries had a leak, so I replaced both. Now I cannot get the generator to turn over.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Gas tank is full. The generator does not even seem to turn over.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am concerned there may be a fuse or breaker that tripped.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
1/13/2018
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 7 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

The genset should not be run through a fuse or breaker.

If you have no power to the genset, first check the batteries to make sure you did not accidentally miss a cable when you put the new batteries in.

Make sure that one of the cables did not get put on to the wrong battery post.

If that is all good, check the master switch to make sure the batteries are turned on.

Did this find the problem?

Hello, did this find the problem?