Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Just want to check the year of our boat motor. Some of the…

Customer Question
Hi there, just want...

Hi there, just want to check the year of our boat motor. Some of the code is peelled off. F15AMH

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Not long

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No. We are selling and want to advise the year

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Its got 66M, L, 30027. The letter or number after the 7 cant be seen nor the letter below.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
1/12/2018
Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 7 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

T​he 15AMH is a late model 2001 or early 2002, the 66M is the engine model, there were 2 versions... an "S" and an "L", the 30027??? is the serial number and color code of the engine.

Here is a link to help understand the information, see A2 for the description

http://www.marmom-marine.com/parts_catalogs/yamaha/pc_f15amh_02.pdf

Thanx.

You're welcome...

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave