Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

We have an onan 5500 in our rv. It is 2 yrs old. We are in…

Customer Question
We have an onan...

We have an onan 5500 in our rv. It is 2 yrs old. We are in it now. The generator is showing a code 45 we have discounted battery and hooked back up. Generator will start and die immediately then will start with light flashing. Most stuff will not work in rv

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes and yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

We are in Walmart parking lot trying to get it working so we can sleep. We have more of the trip to make

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Onan 5500. Worked fine last time we used. We have changed the oil and got fuel today

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 day by:
1/13/2018
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 7 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What are the model and serial number of the genset?