Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Im working on a poulan pro pp130 eater. the cord when you…

Customer Question
im working on a poulan...
im working on a poulan pro pp130 weed eater. the cord when you pull seems to only engage the motor at the last bit of rope? it won't start. Have checked gas its good.something with the cord or maybe compression?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
1/10/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Is rope just free and then it catches at last few inches? If so, the rope needs to be tightened in the housing. Which requires the mechanism be removed and the rope tested to add spring tension to it. Hard to start if it does not spin engine enough to run!

is the adjustment of the rope and mechanism obvious once apart?

Yes, rope needs to be wrapped tighter, and you can do it without having to remove the rope.