Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience repairing lawn and garden equipment. Chainsaws, mowers,blowers and trimmers
32407143

I have a Craftsman snowblower Model # 247.88830, the problem

Customer Question

I have a Craftsman snowblower Model # 247.88830, the problem started with the low speed surging, the engine speed would vary fast and slow. Now it is at full engine speed, with the following, backfires and if it reaches full speed, it starts to cut out under load and misfires bad. I replaced with new carb, but did not help.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes , the fuel is clean, and I replaced the inline tank filter. There is no shutoff.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The snow blower is approx. 8 years old but always maintained.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 10 months ago.

Hello, did you check the plug? If black replace with a new one