Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My snapper 26inch wont move when i depress the left lever.

Customer Question
My snapper 26inch wont...

My snapper 26inch wont move when i depress the left lever. It jumps a littlt but wont move. It made no sound, just wouldn't move when i got to the end of the driveway.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just started after blowing the drive five or six times this winter

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

The machine starts up fine just won't move whrn the lever is press3ed down

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

\I might, I put a new main shaft in the auger last summer, that was quite a job. it has been running great until a couple of days ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The machine jumps a little when the lever is pressed but wont move in forward or reverse

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
1/9/2018
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 7 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

what is the model number, please

9265

Morning

Thank you for the response

what you are describing is the drive belt is worn

I suggest replacing the belt P/N

Snapper(###) ###-####P (replaces(###) ###-####

BELT, Traction

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.