Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

I have an ariens st30dle efi will not start. Clean gas but…

Customer Question
I have an ariens...

I have an ariens st30dle efi will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes clean gas but were is the fuel shut off

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I'm a tech for hd

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No it just turns over

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Small Engine
1/9/2018
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 1 month ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Remove the spark plug and pour in a tsp of fuel, or spray with starting fluid and/or carb cleaner. Re install the plug and see if machine will start briefly. If it does, the fuel supply is the issue. Let me know what happens
Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks but not helpful
Did you do as requested? If so, what happened? This was a step to take to eliminate other issues
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it had a bad fuel pump
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also discovered that it has the same EFI as a car basically
Okay, so it was the fuel supply. Glad you got it figured out and repaired. Hope you have a great evening.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks
Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you.
Please remember to rate my service as I strive to do my best and your rating helps me to achieve this
JON
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician