Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

The generac does not come on after the electeicrity has gone…

Customer Question
The generac does...

The generac does not come on after the electeicrity has gone on and off several times

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

This has happen several times. Repair people come and don't seem to have an answer. I live along and don't want to have to go outside to turn on the gen. When we had the gen. put in we had a spreciel swith put in so we would not have to go outside to turn on the gen. We have a 27kw gen. serial#5058#57 Mod.0056390 Mrs. Husband

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Oh no

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No I would want an erpert to check the gen. I live in the country and on top of that I live in La. The weather changes every hour sometimes.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Small Engine
1/9/2018
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 6 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

First, I need you to recheck your model and serial numbers. The serial number you provided is missing a digit.

Also, can you provide more detail about the issue? When you say the power has gone off and on several times, what kind of time frame is this happening in?