Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Craftsman compressor - model 919.915411. If have…

Customer Question
I have a Craftsman...

I have a Craftsman compressor - model###-##-####
If have had it for more then 5 years and it works great – until now.
The problem is, when the motor tries to turn it seems to strain. The belt starts to turn, but, then strains, and stops. If I let it continue to try it pops the overload button on the motor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Craftsman compressor###-##-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I am trying to.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Small Engine
1/8/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 6 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Slip the belt off and see if the motor runs. If it does, then try to turn the compressor by hand, does it rotate freely or is it locked up? The compressor end may have broken parts.

Curtis... Thanks for your reply - and please understand I am not unhappy with your reply - I am unhappy with the system (or application that collects my question... I hadn't even finished describing the problem when the app pushed me into providing a credit card for a deposit... I was very hesitant to proceed, but, I thought it was going to let me go back and further describe the problem - it did not allow me to modify or add anything - therefore your answer was just about as good as could have been - I am very unhappy with the overall service - again, not you, or your answer - I am simply unhappy there wasn't any actual interface before I agreed to pay for a service - I am therefore contesting this charge.

I work from home as a contractor and have nothing to do with billing. I will send to moderator