Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Where do I spray starter fluid on a troybilt 2420. Engine…

Customer Question
Where do I spray...

Where do I spray starter fluid on a troybilt 2420. Engine just cranks.

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

I bought it last year new. We used iti once for a small storm.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it involves just spraying somewhere

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
1/6/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Ther is no air cleaner, jut an air intake screen this is where the spray would be used.

Or, Remove the spark plug, and with it connected to the spark plug wire, and grounded to the metal of the engine, crank and watch for spark at the plug. If you have spark, put a teaspoon of fuel directly into the spark plug hole, re-install the spark plug and see if the engine will start. If it starts and dies, the fuel is not going through the carburetor and the fuel supply to the carburetor needs to be checked. If it has adequate fuel to the carburetor, the carburetor needs to be checked or cleaned.

I see the question is still open.??