Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I am trying to program my remote for my viking H10 gate

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to program my remote for my viking H10 gate opener

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Viking is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is brand new and I believe that the model is H10

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think that i just need to know how to make it learn my remote button from my BMW

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Small Engine
1/6/2018
Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 6 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi my name is eddie …….I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved.

1-) the make and model of the gate opener. How old it is. And do you have the manual?

2-) the make and model of the remote…..key less or universal?

3-) do you know where the opener controls are? And do you know how to access them?

4-) The color of the learn button on the opener is?

5-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this....any wiring or perhaps a recent power outage. What made it go from working to non-working?

6-) if new when you purchased your transmitter did you check for compatibility?

7-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

Eddie,
Never mind about this request. I figured it out myself. Thanks.

okay .............good luck