Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Yard- man snow blower model 31AH736G401 it was working

Customer Question
Yard- man snow blower...

Yard- man snow blower model 31AH736G401 it was working perfict for the first weeks of winter thin well start and run for a few minnets

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

I think those are fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I think I can

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Well it is kind of 15 years old this winter has been more work

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Small Engine
1/6/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 6 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Engine make and model? How long after it quits will it restart?

if it has to cool before restarting, your ignition coil is failing.

I think that's the problem I changed the spark plug and it started but did not keep going and would not retart

If there is no spark when it does not start, the coil is bad.

Here is link on how it works, and how to test.

Thank you for the info I think I can handle this

Thank you. Please use the 5-star rating system to close the question and get me credit!

I see the question is still open.??