Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have an old snowblower it won't stay running i've check…

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old snowblower it won't stay running i've check all the fuel lines and clean out the carb and still won't stay running

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just a few days

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When i first got it i changed out the old fuel and got it running and it ran fine then i put it away for a few days and now it won't stay running

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Small Engine
1/6/2018
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 3 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

what you are describing is the jet is plugged

easy fix, remove the carb disassemble, and

boil out in a pot of hot water 10-15 minutes, air dry

and reassemble

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Morning

just following up with you

did my answer help you ??

Please rate my answer 5 stars si I get credit for the question

Wayne, Engine Rebuilder