Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I get no tension when I pull the cord. Just today yesterday…

Customer Question
I get no tension...

I get no tension when I pull the cord

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just today yesterday it was fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Small Engine
It worked fine last night and now no tension when pulling cord
1/5/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 6 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Is the engine turning, jus thas no tension? If so, you may have a stuck valve, allowing no compression. ??

The cord pull easy no tension like yesterday were is the valve
Nothing turns over
Were is the valve located

If the engine is not turning, the rope assembly can be damaged, but if the engine is turning, then the valves would be under the OHV cover. The rocker cover. Assuming this is an overhead valve engine. What is the engine make and model?

It's a troy built 210
Could it have frozen open
Are you still there?

Valve could have stuck open. To access the engine you have to remove the top cover from the blower.

I see the question is still open?

Problem fixed wasn't a valve

What was problem?