Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have an ariens 30 inch deluxe snowblower model 921047 - I…

Customer Question
I have an ariens...

I have an ariens 30 inch deluxe snowblower model 921047 - I know literally nothing about snow blowers. we bought the unit last year, and have never actually tried to start it until today (big storm). however, I want to check the engine oil before I do so however, any time I try to find what the engine oil SHOULD be, I simply see a note in the owners manual that says, "see engine manual". I have tried and tried to find the engine manual online... I have no idea where to find it, or what the oil level should be at

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes, I just got gas yesterday, in a brand new gas can, and put gas in the can the snow blower is turning over, but there is a LOT of grey smoke coming out so I wanted to make sure that was ok, and if perhaps the grey smoke meant... "check oil level now"

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Which work? using the snow blower? I hope to - we have six inches of snow on the ground, and its still snowing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so - I can give you the model and serial number if that helps

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
1/4/2018
Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 7 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, an expert advisory company. My name is ***** ***** I am here to help you with your problem today…….since I am not there it can be that much more daunting a task….. so I will need your to help with any information that I may ask…. so I have a more complete picture in resolving this as best as I can. Together I am confident we can get this done.

I actually think I just answered it myself :) I just needed to know how to check the oil (the manual was not at all helpful) and how to tell if there was enough oil in the machine - where on the stick is acceptable. Also, do I simply add oil directly to the dipstick hole? as it turns out, there was a youtube video that showed me exactly what I needed to know. I apologize for being such a mechanical knucklehead

there should be an oil fill plug.........let me know if you can locate it.............unless on your model the oil dipstick is next to the gas fill.............I do have to go offline in a few moments .................let me now how it went

Thanks

'eddie

I hope you have found my answers insightful, with content to your satisfaction and would consider a 5 star rating…….My goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible.… by your rating it would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming unless I am rated…..positive feedback and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated......and I thank you

eddie

I trust this held substantial meaning for you ....got you out of your difficulty and would consider a 5 STAR rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you! If you do need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thanks

eddie