Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

We bought new 6250 Storm Responder It starts for 30 seconds…

Customer Question
We bought new 6250...

We bought new 6250 Storm Responder It starts for 30 seconds and dies

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Small Engine
1/4/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 6 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Will it restart immediately? Or does it have to sit for a while?

Restarts right away

DOe sit have an oil pressure or oil level switch?Locate it and unplug it for the test.

No
Does not have oil level switch

The indication is it dies from a lack of fuel. Can you check the flow to the carburetor from the fuel tank? It may have just enough flow to start the engine, but not enough to keep it going. If the flow is ok to the carburetor, the needle valve and float may not be letting enough fuel into the carburetor bowl!

It does have an oil level switch, I assume you have oil in it. Locate the wire to the oil switch and check it.

Undid bolt at bottom of carborstor and gas comes out

That doesn't show that it is enough quantity to keep the engine running. But Looking at he specs on the generator, it does have an oil level switch, Locate it and try disconnecting it.

I hope you understand this is brand new. Not expecting to have to do this type of work. Are you expecting me to take carborstor apart?

NO< locate the oil switch and see if it is working!

I see the question is still open?