Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

I have gen set model # 0064610, se# 9762274, what problem…

Customer Question
I have gen set...

I have gen set model #(###) ###-#### se#(###) ###-#### what problem indicates code #1902?, unit did not start in manual mode. I pressed the off button, then enter, went back to manual then it started and run until i shut it off, switched back to auto and the green light is back on , it happened before,so what gives? Hope you can explain thank you alfons viehbacher

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Ist is on natural gas

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don’t know, I just want to know what the error code 1902 means

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Small Engine
1/3/2018
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 1 month ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

Error code 1902 is Under Voltage. It means that the genset is not producing enough voltage.

There are several things that can cause this issue.

Your unit is still under warranty until April 6, 2021.

If this happens again, the best thing to do would be to leave it as is, and contact an authorized Generac repair technician.

Working on the unit yourself will void your warranty.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I turned the power off and the generator started up as it should, so why is there an error code of 1902 when the unit did even run?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let’s see what happens, the unit seems to run just fine right now,

It may have been dirty brushes, and they may have cleaned themselves up by running it. If that is the case, definitely charge on.

That is why I specified "if this happens again".

Was this what you wanted to know?

Hello, was this what you wanted to know?

Hank F.
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician