Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Just a quick question. I have a Generac RV generator. Needs…

Customer Question
Just a quick question...

Just a quick question. I have a Generac RV generator. Needs some parts including starter, filters, possible pump. It's obsolete and Generac doesn't show model anymore. Are you aware of any parts suppler who may have old parts on hand. My generator is a model 09848-1, serial no.(###) ###-####Series NP40 PG, 1997 purchase date. thanks.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I mentioned those items oin my question

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, with help from an RV mechanic

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
1/3/2018
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 7 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

I have several sources for older parts, but I am at work right now, and my information is on my computer at home.

I can get you part numbers and suppliers when I get home this evening, if that will be acceptable.

Ok.

The part numbers that I have are as follows:

Starter - 0E04610

Air filter - G078601

Oil filter - 070185BS

All of these are available through any Generac dealer, as well as www.jackssmallengines.com

My books did not list a part number for the fuel pump, so I will have to contact my distributor tomorrow.

I just read your initial post again, and found out why I couldn't find a part number for the fuel pump.

You are missing a letter in the model series. The series is NP40LPG - this is an LP powered unit - there is no fuel pump.

Was this what you wanted to know?