Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I can not close my genie door with the funcation inside the…

Customer Question
I can not close...

I can not close my genie door with the funcation inside the garage , but I can go outside and closre it or open it by the remote that is mounted outside the garage

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

This just started as of today jan 3 2018 and the unit is about thr33 years old and I do use it as im on a walker , and tis is the best way for me to get out of the house thanks for your help sir

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

My van has gas and it is parked out side the garage

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I have a son that can climb a ladder as he installed it brand new when i purchased it from Lowes in Ardmore, oklahoma

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When I pushed the up and down buston on the remote in the garage , it does nothing at akll and will not turn off the light bulb at the motor unit as well also

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Small Engine
1/3/2018
Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 6 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi ............my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today……… what I would like to do for a start is erase the transmitters.....do a hard reset and then re program.......please follow these instructions explicitly and in its sequence

ERASE THE TRANSMITTERS:

hold down the LEARN button on the opener for 6 or 7 seconds….If you have a MY-Q device …immediately press and hold the LEARN button again until the learn LED goes out. All codes are now erased.

HARD RESET:

unplug the opener what should be for a good minute......in the meantime remove the batteries from the transmitters including the key less.....and if you have a battery back-up.....there is no battery in the wall transmitter…..plug back in the opener and replace the batteries which should be fresh

Do you know how to re program the transmitters? Hold them with-in 16 inches of the opener when you do

This is starting off with something simple and hopefully it will resolve the issue

I will need information you can provide especially…you gave me the make and model…..but how old it is? ….in your best recollection… any kind of changes or disruptions that may have caused it not to work properly?

Always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited…..Please let me know how it goes

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

I hope you have found my answers insightful, with content to your satisfaction and would consider a 5 star rating…….My goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible.… by your rating it would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming unless I am rated…..positive feedback and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated......and I thank you

eddie

I trust this held substantial meaning for you ....got you out of your difficulty and would consider a 5 STAR rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you! If you do need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thanks

eddie