Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My doors both open with remote entry. I changed the.

Customer Question
My doors both open...

My doors both open with remote entry. I changed the

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Batteries in keyed entry but it doesn't open manually

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if possible

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of. If you have any questions to help clarify let me know

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 3 days by:
1/6/2018
Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 7 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi I would like for us to start here .......I assume you have 2 openers and assorted transmitters so

what needs to be done is you’ll have to erase everything and then re program .....BUT ........reprogram one at a time...............please follow these instructions explicitly and in its sequence………

ERASE THE TRANSMITTERS:

hold down the LEARN buttons on both of the openers for 6 or 7 seconds….If you have a MY-Q device …immediately press and hold the LEARN button again until the learn LED goes out. All codes are now erased.

HARD RESET:

unplug both openers......remove all batteries from the transmitters including the key less.....and if you have battery back-ups.....there is no battery in the wall transmitter…..plug back in ONE of the openers and replace the batteries for the one which should be fresh

Do you know how to re program the transmitters? If not contact me again........hold them with-in 16 inches of the opener when you do..........except for the built-in car remote of course

then go to the other opener plug it back in ........replace the batteries........ reprogram and test each the same way ………..don't forget to use the different remote or different buttons on the remote

Please let me know

Thanks

eddie

I hope you have found my answers insightful, with content to your satisfaction and would consider a 5 star rating…….My goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible.… by your rating it would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming unless I am rated…..positive feedback and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated......and I thank you

eddie