Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

Have a eu7ooois generator that wouldn't start this morning.

Customer Question
Have a eu7ooois generator...

Have a eu7ooois generator that wouldn't start this morning. put battery charger on and went in house for 10 min. +4 degrees outside where gen is. when I returned battery is smoking. still wont start. what do you suggest?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes to all

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Use almost every day has been dependable

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Small Engine
1/2/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 month ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Sounds like the battery has a shorted cell. have the battery tested and likely will need to replace it! How old is the battery?

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician