Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

We forgot to empty the gas from our snow blower last spring,

Customer Question
We forgot to empty...

We forgot to empty the gas from our snow blower last spring, now it will not start. It turns over but does not fire. Suggestions, please.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes, there is fuel in the tank. I do not know if the valve is open - it was not closed. Fuel has oil in it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not if it is difficult

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We have an electric starter, so it turns over but doesn't start. Should I choke it or not?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/2/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Remove the spark plug, and with plug grounded to the metal of the engine, see if you have spark. If it has spark, put a teaspoon of fuel directly into the spark plug hole, re-install the spark plug and see if it starts for a few seconds.

how do I access the spark plug?
Cancel this advice process and refund money -- too cold to work on out doors

Advise will still be good when it warms up!