Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a lift master professional opener. I have had it for…

Customer Question
I have a lift...

I have a lift master professional opener. I have had it for 12+ years. It has suddenly stopped operating in the mornings with low temperature. I mean below 45 degrees . . . not even freezing. It's not the door, as the opener makes no sound to indicate it is even trying to open the door. Door works easily manually. When the day has warmed up, it operates correctly again.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

It's a Chamberlain Liftmaster Professional 1/2 Horsepower . . . I can check the model in a minute. I have not changed any settings on it ever.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

What work?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/31/2017
Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 6 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi ...does the wall transmitter work?...........are you just having a problem with the remotes?

I don’t use the remote aside drin the keypad one. They both are inoperable until it is warmer. The touchpad inside the garage usually has a green light in the center of it, however, that does not appear until it has warmed up.
By cold I mean 35-45 degrees. Not below freezing.

it doesn't have t be below freezing the cold temps do effect the controls the range and the safety sensors......it is all a process of elimination if you could try using a working handheld remote for a few days and keep it in a warm place.....wrap the sensors in a small towel or insulation wrap ......not covering the eyes or the LEDs .......we can see if that will do anything

Thanks

I hope you have found my answers insightful, with content to your satisfaction and would consider a 5 star rating…….My goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible.… by your rating it would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming unless I am rated…..positive feedback and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated......and I thank you

eddie