Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Hae an old s200 Toro snowblower. Probably hasn't run in

Customer Question
Hello, this is Brian...

Hello, this is Brian. Hae an old s200 Toro snowblower. Probably hasn't run in years. Wouldn't start. Has spark. Removed carb., emptied fuel, disassembled carb, blew out jets with cleaner, then air, replaced diaphraghm, needle, seat, spark plug. Reassembled. Blower starts and runs well. However, t dies when I turn down choke. Adjustment screws turned out about 1 turn each (like they were). Can you help me?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes. But what shut off valve?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/29/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 3 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

i​f it will run on choke but not off, the issue is in the fuel supply. with choke on, it is restricting the air supply, so with the restricted fuel supply already it runs. check fuel lines and any fuel filters. also, you may still have a partially clogged main jet in the center of the carb

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR

I see question is still opened and unrated, please Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR​

JON
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician