Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a craftsman garage opener model 1393043, while the…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a craftsman garage opener model(###) ###-#### while the door was open it stopped working. The lights turned off and would not turn on again. No error code is displayed and the door control says push bar to activate. The unit has lower and I reconnected the wires to the unit. I have checked the sensors and unplugged and plugged the opener. The lights flash three times but no other lights or buttons flash.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?

No error messages and I installed it new in 2015.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is within my capabilities yes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No ma'am

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/27/2017
Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 4 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi ............my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today……… what I would like to do for a start is erase the transmitters.....do a hard reset and then re program.......please follow these instructions explicitly and in its sequence

ERASE THE TRANSMITTERS:

hold down the LEARN button on the opener for 6 or 7 seconds….If you have a MY-Q device …immediately press and hold the LEARN button again until the learn LED goes out. All codes are now erased.

HARD RESET:

unplug the opener what should be for a good minute......in the meantime remove the batteries from the transmitters including the key less.....and if you have a battery back-up.....there is no battery in the wall transmitter…..plug back in the opener and replace the batteries which should be fresh

Do you know how to re program the transmitters? Hold them with-in 16 inches of the opener when you do

This is starting off with something simple and hopefully it will resolve the issue......

Always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited…..Please let me know how it goes

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

I hope you have found my answers insightful, with content to your satisfaction and would consider a 5 star rating…….My goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible.… by your rating it would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming unless I am rated…..positive feedback and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated......and I thank you

eddie

I trust this held substantial meaning for you ....got you out of your difficulty and would consider a 5 STAR rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you! If you do need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thanks

eddie

Eddie
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor