Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

This afternoon I received a 1990 Ez Go Marathon gas powered…

Customer Question
This afternoon I received a...
This afternoon I received a 1990 Ez Go Marathon gas powered 2 Stroke Golf Cart. I don’t know it’s history, but apparently it ran a day ago according to my father in law who took possession of it. He said he drove it down the street and it died. He thought it may have ran out of gas so he put some in. Didn’t solve the problem. Today we pulled of the seat and turned on the ignition, gave it gas and it sounds like it wants to run but not moving. The centrical clutch doesn’t engage either. Battery full charged too.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/26/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 6 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Remove the spark plug and with the plug grounded to the engine, crank and watch for spark. If it has spark, put a teaspoon of fuel direct into the cyoinder, re-install the spark plug and see if it will fire. If it starts and dies, there is no fuel getting through the carburetor. Remove the line from the fuel filter, and crank, to see if the fuel pump is pumping fuel through the filter.

What is the cyoinder?

Cylinder! The cylinder head, where spark plug, is screwed into.