Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Need help setting up my new alexa. Since last night. My WiFi…

Customer Question
Need help setting up...

Need help setting up my new alexa

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Since last night

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

My WiFi is CenturyLink4183 and the password ***** *****

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/25/2017
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 3 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today. If you have a smartphone or a tablet you can begin by installing the free Amazon Alexa app. Here are some instructions to follow from the manufacturer and a link to an instructional video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=13&v=mQ67qEpNk6Q

1. Download the Alexa app and sign in.

With the free Alexa app, you can set up your device, manage your alarms, music, shopping lists, and more. The Alexa app is available on phones and tablets with:

• Fire OS 3.0 or higher
    • Android 4.4 or higher
    • iOS 8.0 or higher

To download the Alexa app, go to the app store on your mobile device and search for "Alexa app." Then select and download the app. You can also select a link below:

• Apple App Store
    • Google Play
    • Amazon Appstore

You can also go to https://alexa.amazon.com from Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Internet Explorer (10 or higher) on your Wi-Fi enabled computer.

2. Turn on Amazon Echo (1st Generation).

Plug the included power adapter into Amazon Echo (1st Generation) and then into a power outlet. The light ring on Amazon Echo (1st Generation) turns blue, and then orange. When the light turns orange, Amazon Echo (1st Generation) greets you.

3. Connect Amazon Echo (1st Generation) to a Wi-Fi network.

Follow the guided instructions in the app to connect Amazon Echo (1st Generation) to a Wi-Fi network. To learn more, go to Connect Echo to Wi-Fi.

Tip: If your Amazon Echo (1st Generation) doesn't connect to your Wi-Fi network, unplug and then plug the device into a power outlet to restart it. If you still have trouble, reset your Amazon Echo (1st Generation) to its factory settings and set it up again. To learn more, go to Reset Your Echo Device.

4. Talk to Alexa.

You can now use your Amazon Echo (1st Generation) device. To get started, say the "wake word" and then speak naturally to Alexa. Your Amazon Echo (1st Generation) device is set to respond to the wake word "Alexa" by default, but you can use the Alexa app to change the wake word at any time. In the app, go to Settings, select your Echo device, and then select Wake word.

I hope this helps you.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5- star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

HiJust following up with youdid my answer help you ??Wayne
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder