Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I can't get snow blower started. I left fuel in it through…

Customer Question
I can't get snow...

I can't get snow blower started. I left fuel in it through the summer. The only thing I can figure. Any suggestion on how to get it started

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes I don't think it has shut off. I couldn't find one

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not sure

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of. Just bought it last year and used it 4 or 5 times. Put it in the shed.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/25/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 6 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Remove the spark plug, put a teaspoon of fuel directly into the cylinder, re-install the spark plug and see if it starts.