Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 2003 bowling riding lawn more that I completely…

Customer Question
I have a 2003...

I have a 2003 bowling riding lawn more that I completely restored for my boys I took the mower deck off and using it as just a writer but now it won’t change speeds it will go forward and reverse but one speed

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Bolen

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

2003

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Bolen 2003
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/25/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Need model number. Does it have the variable pulley and two drive belts? If it does, the variable pulley is not moving to change the belt ratio, which is the speeds.

it is the one with the variable drive pulley I totally took it apart and restored it for my boys but the shifter handle came loose so and I do not know how it hooks back up underneath with the pulley system

Look at the Utube video I attached.

That steal that video still do not show me exactly how to hook up the shifter in order to put tension on the pulley it the speed shifter is not hooked up to nothing I have a spring I’m not sure how it goes

Model number?

13AM762F765. Model number

looking at the parts list, what shift rod is in question and what spring?

Is the shifter on the right of the side of the tractor if you’re sitting in the seat and it has an indicator of five speeds that shifter

Yes, the shifter limits the amount the variable pulley can move, and acts as a speed selector.

Could you please find a diagram on exactly how that shifter hooks up underneath the lawnmower to the pulleys

Did you get what you needed? Please use the 5-star rating system to close the question.