Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Make: Generac Model: oe6219

Customer Question
Make: Generac Model: oe6219...

Make: Generac
Model: oe6219

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Generac standby generator Model OE6219 My generator starts up and runs for 30 seconds and shuts down It runs off Propane sheared with the house I have bypass the oil sending unit. It will start right back up but just to shut down again
12/24/2017
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 6 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

0E6219 is not the model number of the genset.

What are the actual model and serial numbers?

hank it clearly said 0e6219 for model the serial(###) ###-####

Those are the model and serial numbers of the engine only. I need the model and serial numbers of the genset.

Ok Item #0043903
Ser#(###) ###-####
Guardian stand by generator by generac

Is it doing this in AUTO or MANUAL?

Has there been any work done to the unit recently?

When it shuts down, are any fault lights coming on?

It shuts down in manual operation I have done no work to it. It was in exercise mode run once a week for 12 min . The only thing flashing was over cranking light So when shuts down no lights come on
I have not heard a answer yet? what is wrong with generator

I work 2 day jobs, and help on Just Answer in the evenings. I can not be online 24/7.

Also, the website has been experiencing issues the last 2 days, and has been down a lot.

What you are saying is not making any sense to me.

You state that it is shutting down in MANUAL mode, but then you also say it is in AUTO.

You also said that the Over Crank light is flashing, but then you say no lights come on.

Remember, I can't see or hear what is going on. I only know as much as you tell me, and the more specific you are, the easier it is to help.

its always shuts down in manual mode. when I first noticed problem it flash that code now it show no code. this is what I was stating can you please tell me what is wrong

While it is running, is it running smoothly, or roughly?

Connect a meter to the output side of the genset, and start it up. Measure both the voltage and frequency output for the 30 seconds it will run.

What are the voltage and frequency readings?

yeah it runs smooth. I will check voltage I think it is a voltage issue what MAKE IT SHUT down I will tomorrow

Ok.

what should I do?

Get the voltage and frequency readings.

there was zero voltage what should I do next
What was the frequency
I don't know how to check for that
You use a frequency meter, just like a voltmeter.
no reading
to this day have no answer what is wrong. not one idea Felt ripped off

Are you testing on the input side of the breaker?

If the engine is running, you should be getting at least some reading on both voltage and frequency.

To get readings of 0 on both indicates that you are not doing something correctly.