Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 900 series snow blower model #1696513-00. Just

Customer Question
I have a 900...

I have a 900 series snow blower model #1696513-00

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just started this winter. Engine won't start checked Spark check fuel

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes and yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I've eliminated the Spock as being a problem I've eliminated the fuel source as being a problem I dropped the bowl in the carburetor and it's clean it doesn't appear to me that the choke works very well I operated it in manually but the engine still would not start my

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/24/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 6 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Remove the spark plug and put a teaspoon of fuel directly into the spark plug hole, and re-install the spark plug and see if it will start.