Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Auger will not turn. 30 min. Engine runs OK some smoke from…

Customer Question
Auger will not turn ...

Auger will not turn

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

30 min

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Engine runs OK some smoke from around the stack yesterday it was running well auger just stoped

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

Engine has less than 100hrs had to pull up on the cable to start the auger

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/24/2017
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 6 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Morning Merry Christmas

I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

what you are describing is the belt is worn and stretched

I suggest to replace that

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5- star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know

MorningJust following up with youDid my answer help you ??Merry ChristmasWayn