Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

The door will not respond from the remote to close when the…

Customer Question
The door will not...

The door will not respond from the remote to close when the outside temperature is below 35 degree. It opens it ok and works both open and close from the direct button in the garage

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I installed it in the summer of 2014 and it never worked from the first winter when the temperature got below 35.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if possible.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/24/2017
Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 4 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi ...........the opener and remote transmitters are effected by cold temperatures.......mainly though the safety sensors.......if you could find some way to insulate them some in the winter it should help ..........keeping the beams and the LED lights free ........you can wrap the sensors in an old towel or pipe insulation.......maybe a simple fix for now

Thanks

eddie

eddie, I have already tried your suggestions with no results. My next will either be a heating pad or see if a local garage door company handles parts to replace the sensor.
Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 3 months ago

other than having a heated garage or keeping the sensors in sunlight which would be ridiculous it is a rough situation...........it's trial and error by different mediums to try and correct this issue........that pipe insulation I mentioned looks like ...... THIS

I hope you have found my answers insightful, with content to your satisfaction and would consider a 5 star rating…….My goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible.… by your rating it would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming unless I am rated…..positive feedback and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated......and I thank you

eddie

I trust this held substantial meaning for you ....got you out of your difficulty and would consider a 5 STAR rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you! If you do need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thanks

eddie

Eddie
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor