Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Have a Chamberlin PD220 garage door opener that on occasion…

Customer Question
Have a Chamberlin PD220...

Have a Chamberlin PD220 garage door opener that on occasion the indicator lights on the safety stop sensors don't light and door won't close seems as though when i wait a few minutes they come on and the door works fine. Hasn't ever not opened only on closing

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Week or so but doesn't happen every time

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I moved the sensors further apart to get away from sun glare which seemed to work

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/23/2017
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 6 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

get some glass cleaner and wash the eyes of the sensors

Yes, the sun glare will cause this issue

I hope this helps you

Have a Merry Christmas

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5- star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know

will try this but won't know if it works until try it for a few days just realized that if you block the light from seeing the other sensor the indicator lights go off. so that could mean if I don't see the indicator lights on there is some kind of blocage

Hi

Thank you for the response

Yes that is correct if 1 eye the light goes out

it will not close, it may start to close, but will reverse

Morning

Just following up with you

did my answer help you