Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I need to know how to wire an LCT snow blower, on/off switch…

Customer Question
I need to know...

I need to know how to wire an LCT snow blower, on/off switch model # PR627ES

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I do not want the poulan website. They can not help. Already called

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. I got it running, but the switch does not work

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

There is a wire hanging down. When I connect it, it kills stops the engine from running. I have tried connecting the on/off wires, to the switch, many different ways, but nothing works correctly.

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

It is a 2014 LCT engine on a Poulan Pro snow blower

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/23/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

The switch should be a two wire switch, one wire goes to the engine for the kill, the second wire has to go to ground. The coil has to be grounded out, to kill the engine. So when the switch is moved to off, it grounds the spark and kills the engine, If the switch is grounded and grounding wire from the engine, does not kill the engine, the wire to the engine coil may be off the coil.

The switch has 2 wires connected to it. There is a wire hanging down from a small black box. When you connect that wire to the piece it came from, it kills the engine. I have moved the 2 switch wires around all four (4) connectors on the switch and it still does not turn off with the key in position. Even when I remove the key, the engine continues to run. That should not happen.

The switch may be bad. Do you have a volt/ohm meter to check the switch connections? The switch has to make the connection from kill to ground to shutoff the engone.

I see the question is still open, did you find the problem