Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a troy built brush cutter, I am getting spark at the…

Customer Question
I have a troy...

I have a troy built brush cutter, I am getting spark at the plug and I replaced the carb.I primed the fuel but it will not start. What woulb likely be the problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

There is good compression, What is the clearence between the coil and the flywheel. Someone worked on it before and it did not start since. He set the clearance at o.o18.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/22/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

You have spark, and it won't fire with gas in the spark 0plug hole? D you have compression? If it has spark, fuel, and compression, the timing key between the flywheel and the crankshaft may be sheared.

Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 6 months ago

I see the question is still open, did you find the problem