Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Leakage in high pressure line even after new O rings were…

Customer Question
Leakage in high pressure...

Leakage in high pressure line even after new O rings were installed on 1641 Cub Cadet to control valve

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

For 2 days

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I was automotive instructor for years, but on this I'm stumped

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Local shops have not been able to help. I have changed the filter and oil and all O rings. It seems to me that tha wheels are now running faster to.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/21/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Likely the high-pressure tube has a hairline crack, on the end with the leak. If o'rings didn't change the leak, that is what would cause the problem. You will need a new tube.