Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My engine won’t start, comes close but nothing, I cit has…

Customer Question
My engine won’t start...

My engine won’t start, comes close but nothing, I cit has gas’s, has oil, has a new spark plug...shut it off few month ago and now it won’t start

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes all new

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I’d like to try

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What do you think the problem is , and what do I take apart?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/21/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 6 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

S​ounds like the carb jet is clogged and needs to be cleaned internally. I would suggest carb removal and good cleaning. Use a small wire and compressed air through all the jets

If you can spray fuel into the carb and/or cylinder and it will run briefly, you have a carb issue. You will need to remove the carb and clean it internally. The cause is a clogged jet, and it is not able to pull its own fuel to continue running. once carb is clean and free of debris in the jet(s), it should operate as normal.

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR