Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I left the gas in my cub cadet snowblower over the summer…

Customer Question
Hi, I left the...

Hi, I left the gas in my cub cadet snowblower over the summer and now the primer pump won't pull fuel into the carb? Any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just this evening

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I could or if needed I could take it in to Home Depot (I am guessing they are backed up this time of year)

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The blower is pretty new. I bought it last year and it worked well

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/21/2017
Technician: Donald, Small Engine Technician replied 7 months ago
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

The gas that was left inside your fuel tank has caused issues within your carburetor.

Thanks. Any suggestions on the snowblower

Gas will begin to turn stale within 45 days from date of purchase, unless fuel stabilizer is added.

Don't know since the primer blub doesn't seem to pull any fuel. I am guessing a blocked line to the primer bulb

Stale gas will turn to gum and varnish, and partially clog the jet and fuel passages inside your carburetor.

You will likely need to clean your carburetor.

Let's try something.

If you have some carburetor cleaner in a can, spray a small burst directly into your carburetor, to see if your engine will start up and run briefly.

OK, I'm up for that

Let me know what your results are ...

Thank you again for choosing Just Answer. If you need additional assistance, please feel free to let me know, and I will be happy to continue working with you, until our problem is resolved. There is a link in your email that you can click on, if or when you need to return to our discussion page.

My goal is to always offer total satisfaction. If you feel that my services have been helpful to you, please take a moment to rate my services.