Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 196cc gas engine and it cuts off when I touch the…

Customer Question
I have a 196cc...

I have a 196cc gas engine and it cuts off when I touch the throttle

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

It starts ok its on a log splitter and i haven't used it much at all

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Its a champion 196cc model yf168f-2-001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and i have checked the gas flow and i removed the carb and cleaned the small holes out the carb.was clean on the inside i did find a o-ring that was broke

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That it has been used very little bought it new last year .

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/20/2017
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 7 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

what you are describing is a plugged jet in the carb

I know you said you removed it and cleaned

but what you need to do is disassemble it, boil out

in a pot of hot water, air dry Or Hair blower

reassemble, will work like new

Merry Christmas

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5- star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Morning

Just following up with you

Did my answer help you ??

Merry Christmas