Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 21″ two stroke Craftsman snowblower, single stage.

Customer Question
I have a 21″...

I have a 21″ two stroke Craftsman snowblower, single stage. It will not start. I have replaced the gas line and put in a new spark plug. I checked for spark. I checked the switch and it tests OK. I also replaced the gas. I can get it to run if I spray starter fluid or carb cleaner in to carb. When it starts, it will run non stop. I will let it run for 10 to 15 minutes. Then when I turn it off. It will not start. I must if did this 6 to 8 times.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes it has fuel, new fuel. As I said above, it only starts when I spray starter fluid or carb cleaner. Then it runs non-stop. After shutting it off it will not start, that's after running more than 15 minutes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

That depends on what work it needs?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can't think of any. It runs very well after starter or carb cleaner.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/20/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 8 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

S​ounds like the carb jet is clogged and needs to be cleaned internally. I would suggest carb removal and good cleaning. Use a small wire and compressed air through all the jets

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR

does this have a choke or primer bulb?