Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

I have a Bosch 4100-09 table saw that I purchased through…

Customer Question
I have a Bosch...

I have a Bosch 4100-09 table saw that I purchased through Amazon.ca Nov 24, 2016. I am a hobbyist and use the machine occasionally only. Today I turned switch on and nothing. It is not the electrical panel breaker switch, plug works with other tools, disconnected switch and wire coming to switch is live according to voltmeter (118V), switch appears to be working as when turn switch to on position meter reads zero resistance across poles. I cannot find a reset switch on the motor and manual says nothing about this sort of thing. When applying meter to end of wires to motor, resistance also reads zero - I would of thought should show resistance? Nothing in manual re a reset button and I cannot find one on motor. Could motor be shot? Is there anything else you would suggest. I guess probably should take to a service center. Is there one in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada that you can recommend.

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Doug

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don't believe it is covered by warranty any longer, I am certainly no expert, but if something simple you can suggest I might tackle myself, otherwise I'd probably take to a service centre.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that comes to mind. Does this motor have a reset button I don't see?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/20/2017
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 2 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

What I suggest and would do, is get an old extension cord

cut the female plug end off, strip wires

plug it in and touch the wires direct to motor

this will ensure if motor failed or not

I hope this helps you

Have a Merry Christmas

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5- star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Wayne, Engine Rebuilder